You can add UVa Physics Department events to your Google Calendar by following
The Easy Way:
Depending on your computer's configuration, you may be able to add our
calendars to your Google Calender by simply clicking on the calendar
icons below. If that doesn't work for you, please follow this procedure:
(Note that the same calendar URLs given below may work with
other calendar systems, too.)
The Less Easy Way:
- Go to your Google Calendar using a web browser.
- Locate the text reading "Other Calendars" at the left-hand side of
- Click the triangle on the RIGHT-hand side (NOT the one on the left) of this
- Select "Add by URL" from the resulting menu.
- Enter one of the following URLs, then click "Add Calendar":
- For Colloquia, enter:
- For Atomic Seminars, enter:
- For Condensed Matter Seminars, enter:
- For High Energy Seminars, enter:
- For Nuclear Seminars, enter:
Seminars in other departments:
- UVa Astronomy / NRAO Colloquia:
- Tuesday UVa / NRAO Astronomy (TUNA) Lunch Talks:
Once you've added a calendar, its events should appear along with other
events already on your calendar.
Choosing Colors and Calendar Name:
By default, Google Calendar will choose a random color to use for
events in the newly-added calendar, and the calendar will be listed by
its URL under "Other Calendars" at the left of the page. You can change
the color by hovering over the entry in the "Other Calendars" list, then
clicking the triangle which will appear. You can change the name of the
new calendar by clicking the same triangle and selecting "Calendar Settings"
from the menu. Once you've entered a new name, remember to click the "save"
button near the top of the form.